Skip to the content
- The operating system manages many kinds of activities ranging from user programs to system programs like printer spooler, name servers, file server etc. Each of these activities is encapsulated in a process. A process includes the complete execution context.
The five major activities of an operating system in regard to process management are as under:
- Creation and deletion of user and system processes.
- Suspension and resumption of processes.
- A mechanism for process synchronization
- A mechanism for process communication.
- A mechanism for deadlock handling.